Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Client Spotlight-Jean

JEAN PIERRET

Jean reminds me in many ways of Joseph Pilates, who had a devilish spirit and an amazingly fit body well into his 80's. Not one to be restricted by societal pressures he longs to "be free and to do what I want to do".  One of his long time passions includes woodworking and handcrafting classical Spanish guitars.




In his younger years he served as a parachutist in the Belgian Military. He also worked as a scuba diver collecting specimens. Jean has been taking Pilates with me regularly since 2008. He's works extremely hard and always has a ready smile and wry wit. When asked how Pilates has helped him, he says "I got my body back, the whole feeling helps with my woodworking".  He enjoys stretching and the variety of moves that Pilates provides.  "After every session I feel ready to take on the day, I feel ready to pounce"!  
I fully expect that Jean will surpass Joseph Pilates both in longevity and vitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment